Mittwoch, 9. September 2015

|Let's make a List| Bookish worlds I would like to visit!



Hey guys!
I am sorry, my monthly wrap is still to come, reviews are waiting to be edited and there’s –on top of it- a whole amount of time I theoretically should invest in school stuff. As you might know, eleventh grade started two weeks ago, and I already feel like drowning in work. On the one hand, school got a whole lot more intense, on the other hand, I find myself enjoying class more, especially in certain subjects. I feel like, now that we can see the end of our school time and barely have two years left before we need to do the Abitur, the teacher and my classmates start to take it all more serious and I find myself enjoying class. We are more organized and go more into detail, which I really enjoy. 

Nevertheless, there are times when school gets super stressy and even at home not everything is all fluffy and awesome, and all you want to do is to hide under your blanket. Really, at those times, all I wish for is that the day would be longer, so that I would’ve more time for all the things I want to do (okay, or maybe I wish that my time management would me better so that I could make the most out of the daily 24 hours I have. Blame the internet.) And I wish that I could just disappear in one of all those bookish worlds we have. So today I don’t want to keep going on complaining about school, but about three different bookish worlds I’d like to visit. Why am I writing this post in English? I realized that my written English needs practice, especially considering the fact that I’m currently planning to study English (dream big, work hard, is it?), so I thought: Why not?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/61/d0/64/61d0641ca758561bb7f874aac19e9421.jpg
Ravka (from the Grischa Trilogy)
There are many reasons why I’d love to go to Ravka. Ravka is a fantasy world, which very much reminds me of a middle age Russia, with all the dark and the colorful places. It reminds me of a place, where dragons fly through the air, where you can see mosques painted in red and blue and gold, where you can hear a strong, hard and warm language and where you can travel through an incredible landscape. You have a large sea, with sea monsters and big waves. You have mountains with all kind of creatures, you have wide land and small, cozy cities, where you can find families singing in front of the fire. Ravka symbolizes for me a land that is both: Beautiful and terrifying, standing for family and danger, for love and hate. 

 Thisby (from The Scorpio Races)
A cloudy island in the middle of nowhere, grey water with white waves, a small group of people living in the villages here and there, and Novembercake….Seeing Thisby would be like the greatest November ever lived in my life. You have a mysterious island with an Irish, dark landscape. When I think about this place, all I want to do is go there, and find myself in a big red blanket, with hot chocolate and a piece of Novembercake, listening to old legends while there’s a thunder storm going on outside the house. I wanna wander around the beach, I wanna cry out in astonishment and fear at the Scorpio Race, and I wanna meet all the people around the island. Thisby is my personal piece of November.

 The Night Circus (from The Night Circus)
A circus that only arrives at night, surprisingly and unpredictable. Completely dressed in black and white, with tents filled with the most astonishing curiosities. This is the place I want to visit the most. I just wanna walk around the Circus at night and try to unravel all the secrets that lie beneath its beautiful stripped tents. I wanna see the big, most amazing clock in world made by a marvelous man, a clock that almost seems to be alive. I wanna walk through this dream for a night, a dream in black and white and red, which smells like popcorn and honey and sounds like happiness. The Night Circus is a place that can take you away from reality that lets you wander around your dreams for some hours, a beautiful experience, because the Night Circus it, was it is. Le Cirque des Rêves, the circus of dreams.

Soo, guys, now it's your turn! Let's make a list...of bookish worlds you'd like to visit :)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Huhu liebe Kücki! :)

    Willkommen zurück! Ich habe deine Beiträge schon vermisst. ;) Jetzt habe ich zum Glück gleich mehrere zum Durchlesen. Dieser hier hat es mir besonders angetan. Tolle Idee einfach mal Englisch zu posten um ein wenig zu üben. ;) Die Welten die du vorstellst finde ich auch super interessant. Auf die Grischa Reihe freue ich mich schon sehr und auch Night Circus ist gleich auf meine WuLi gewandert. ;)

    Liebste Grüße
    Nina ♥♥♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hallöchen ^^

    Ich hab dich übrigens zum Books until the end Tag getaggt. Es würde mich mega freuen, wenn du mitmachst, Der Tag ist mal was anderes und wirklich super. Schau doch mal vorbei
    http://maddiesdreamofwonder.blogspot.de/2015/09/tag-books-until-end.html

    Liebste Grüße
    Maddie

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Huhu liebe Kücki ♥

    'Why not?', du sagst es! :) Es ist DEIN Blog und deshalb darfst du auch in der Sprache schreiben in der du möchtest. Es ist dein kleines, wundervolles Reich! Quasi dein Schlafzimmer (mit Bücherregal *.*) im Internet! ♥
    Mein Kommentar wird nicht englisch sein, weil ich mein Englisch einfach niemanden antun möchte. xD Ich bin leider keine Englischlehrerin aber ich habe in deinem Text keinen einzigen Fehler gefunden und deshalb schonmal: Däumchen hoch, für die tolle Kücki! :) Wenn deine Analyse auch nur halb so gut ist, dann bekommst du (zumindest von mir) bestimmt eine super gute Note!
    Von deinen drei Buchwelten kenne ich leider keine. *Asche über mein unenglisches Haupt* Aber Nightcircus werde ich ja jetzt ganz bestimmt einmal lesen. Allein durch deine wunderschöne Beschreibung ist mein Leserherz ganz weich geworden, deshalb muss ich jetzt ganz schnell meinen Laptop ausmachen sonst gelange ich unabsichtlich noch auf die böse, böse Seite mit dem kleinen a und bestelle wieder etwas. Dabei habe ich mein gesetztes Monatsbugdet schon längst heillos überschritten. :'D Im Oktober *ungeduldig sei* wird es aber bestimmt mit in den Einkaufswagen wandern. :)

    Alles Liebe,
    Jasi ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow, ich musste echt lange lesen und schauen bis ich alles verstanden habe, du weist ja Englisch ist nicht so meine Sprache :D aber ja klar, du kannst in jeder Sprache posten die du willst ;)
    Die Welt von Grischa würde ich übrigens auch mal total gerne erleben, und Nachtzirkus liegt ja immer noch auf meinem SuB, ich hoffe das ich es bald lesen kann.

    LG Piglet <3

    AntwortenLöschen